Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Life is A Gift - Part 2

A few weeks ago I blogged a quote that read - "Life is a gift, not an accumulation of coincidences." This is a continuation of that idea.

Last night a friend of mine shared how God was revealing to him the truth that each day is a gift. That it was prepared for him by God and that he need not worry about tomorrow. As he shared I was brought back to my thought about life being a gift and not simply an accumulation of coincidences. As we began to talk, I did a bit of scientific thinking. What would it take for an event to be completely a coincidence? Something that God would have had no part in orchestrating.

My conclusion was that in order for something to be a pure coincidence, it would have to be a part of a chain of events that could be traced back to the beginning of humanity without having had any contact with a God ordained moment, person or event. That the situation would have had no external influence other than complete random events.

Not one person who had prayed.
Not one person who was a believer in Christ.
Not one interaction with the Bible
The Church, Christianity, Judaism, Easter, Christmas, Creation....Creation?!

That's impossible! The simple fact that God created the heavens and the earth means that at some point he has had an impact on the situation that I am presently involved in! If he set things in motion then he has touched them, affected them!

I believe that God has done way more then simply 'affected' my situation, I believe that He has prepared it. Designed it! But the next time you think that your day is simply an accumulation of random events, I invite you to put my theory to the test.

Today is the day of our salvation!

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

FYI

I read your blog : )

8:50 AM CST

 
Blogger Jeremy Dueck said...

I got to mention Joni again. She writes some great words that suit.

"Yet here is the wonder. He claims to do all this without forcing our hands, bypassing our wills, or making us less than human. When it comes to the physical world, his working is so discreet, so regular that normally we can’t tell he’s involved. In fact, the so-called “laws of nature” are merely our descriptions of his usual dealings." Joni

Hehe, man God is great the way He unfolds His plan. Came across these scriptures:

Leviticus 14:34 "When you enter the land of Canaan, which I am giving you as your possession, and I put a spreading mildew in a house in that land, the owner of the house must go and tell the priest, `I have seen something that looks like mildew in my house.'

Is God even behind mold? Or:

Proverbs 16:33 The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD.

Watch out viva Las Vegas.

Nothing happens outside of God’s decree. We may not like it, or agree with it. We may hate Him for it. But the truth is that God runs the world.

"God’s plans are being accomplished despite, even through tragedies, sin and accidents. He loathes the wickedness and misery and destruction itself - but He has determined to steer what He hates, to accomplish what He loves." Joni

1:24 AM CDT

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home